Today I am going to share to you a technique I use in Photoshop that is very useful for images that looks dull.
Video: Add Colour a Dull image
We’ve jotted down the steps for you!
(View the video for full details and explanations)
Using Gradient Adjustment Layer
- Add a Gradient Adjustment Layer.
- Adjust the Angle of the gradient.
- You can click on the Gradient drop down menu select the foreground color. Click on the first stop at the bottom and select the color you prefer. Then Click Okay.
- Select a Blend mode that will work for your image in this case I selected the Multiply blend mode.
- Change the Opacity level that will match the image you have.
- You will see that the image will have a golden appearance which is better than what you originally have.
- You can also use Overlay and Soft Light as a blend mode, again this depends on the image that you are editing, you can experiment until you have achieved the output you want.
- You can also open the gradient panel back up and change the color you initially selected and test all the possible colours.
- hen blend it again by adjusting the Opacity level.
Using Solid Color Adjustment Layer
- Add a Solid Color Adjustment Layer.
- Set the color to a softer color applicable to the photo.
- Set the blend mode to Overlay.
- Blend the photo by changing the Opacity Level.
If you have tried this technique do not forget to share it with us!
Click here now to join Photo Mastery Club and come share your results with this tutorial with your fellow members!