We’ve been using the Curves Adjustment Layer but you might have not used this feature that is shown in today’s video tutorial.
Stay tuned as I discuss the Auto features under the Curves adjustement Layer.
Video: Get more from the Curves Adjustment Layer!
Here’s a summary of the steps:
(View the video for full details and explanations)
- Load your image in Photoshop.
- Open the Curves Adjustment Layer, this will open up the Curves adjustment property window.
- Usually you just change the channel section and make your adjustment from there.
- But you will also find the Auto feature under the curves layer.
- Click on the Auto button and that it will automatically adjust the curves adjustment of your image.
- OR, Press Option (Mac) or Alt (Windows) on your keyboard and then click on the Auto button.
- You will see the Auto Color Correction Options window.
- Under this you will see 4 Auto Curves Adjustment Options. Hovering over each of this options will give you a description on how each function.
Enhance Brightness and Contrast – default option, this provides an S-curve adjusting the contrast of the image.
Enhance Monochromatic Contrast– enhance the contrast the image without brightening it so much.
Enhance Per Channel Contrast– aside from enhancing contrast this option this enhances the channel separately based on the information in the channel itself.
Find Dark and Light Colours– this analyze the image to find the dark and light colour and use this as the shadow and highlight colour.
- You can also use the Snap Neutral Midtones- adjust the midtone so that colours that are close to neutral are mapped to the target neutral colours.
- Click on Okay once you attained the desired output.
We’d love to see your photos after using the Curves adjustment Auto feature!!!
Click here now to join Photo Mastery Club and come share your results with this tutorial with your fellow members!