Today’s video will teach you the quickest and simplest way perhaps, the most natural way of improving your sunrise or sunset images.
Sunrise and sunsets are always captivating , capturing it on photos makes it equally amazing. The technique shown in this video tutorial works best if the image you will be using already have a bit of colour in the sky. You will get a sample of this vibrant or warm color and use it to enhance and make your image more serene.
Video: Intensify your Sunrise and Sunset Photo Colour
Here’s a summary of these steps:
(View the video for full details and explanations)
- Load your sunset/sunrise image and then add a new empty layer.
- Change the Blend mode to Overlay.
- Select the Brush tool and set the Opacity at 30%.
- Sample a colour from the sky.
- While keeping the brush tool selected Press Alt on the keyboard (Option for Mac) , you will notice that the cursor will change into an eyedropper tool.
- Clicking anywhere on the image and this will allow you to get a sample of that colour.
- In the sample image what we are looking for is warmer colour that is towards a darker shade.
- After clicking the colour of your choice you will see it now set as a foreground color.
- Click on the brush tool again and brush the color to the image where you want colour be blended to.
- You can still tweak the opacity of the image after you have applied the color.
- You can also switch the blend mode between Overlay and Soft Light to see which option will yield to a better image.